Thanks for visiting. If you like my blog, please click on the 'follower' button. xoxo


Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Super- hero Ladies

I got really excited when i saw these snaps from USA Weekend because Liv Tyler and Maggie Gyllenhaal are two of my favourite young hollywood actresses. All three actresses appear in big summer movies based on classic comic books, with Paltrow as "Iron Man's" trusted assistant Pepper Potts, Gyllenhaal as Bruce Wayne's lawyer pal Rachel Dawes in the Batman sequel "The Dark Knight," and Tyler as "The Incredible Hulk" heroine Betty Ross
The movie I have been most anticipating is the batman sequel, 'The Dark Knight'. I was so impressed with the first movie and i think the script is very unlike most comic book movies and it deals with much darker issues. The movie also sells itself well in the casting of Christian Bale as its leading man (He's my favourite actor ever except for Paul Newman of course). I must say however i am half scare to see it now after the death of Heath Ledger, his role being so creepy and twisted. I have a feeling his portrayal of 'The Joker' may steal the show.

As for 'The Incredible hulk', the first movie and the sequel both have amazing and talented young actors but it just doesnt seem to be a winning formula. The trailers for the sequel dont seem that appealing and if they cant even make an exciting trailer, it makes me ask if the movie will be any good. As for 'Iron man', that is one comic book im not familiar with it. To read their interview go to this link or vote take a vote on which movie floats your boat.

photos: USA Weekend.com
Which of these comic book bockbusters are you most looking forward to seeing?
The Dark Knight
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man
I'm gonna see them all
Eeek! None
pollcode.com free polls

No comments: