Thanks for visiting. If you like my blog, please click on the 'follower' button. xoxo


Saturday, May 3, 2008

Style For Young Moms

In an attempt to cater to all readers of my blog, I am focusing on young mamas today. It can be pretty tricky staying stylish when you have more important responsibilities like taking care of kids to deal with and let's face it, they can be a handful! I dont have kids but hopefully, I should be able to help with the basics. These retro wide leg jeans really capture the 70s and would be really comfortable too. Layering is essential so pair vests, tees and cardigans with jeans and the key to non-boring is smart accessorizing.



As easy as it is to just live in jeans, dresses can also offer the same comfort. The maxi-dress never seems to go out of season. It's a great style for sunny days and evening barbeques with a cute cardigan thrown on if it gets a little chilly.

I love the first two because of the straps. Usually I cant wear maxi-dresses because they generally have thin straps and just don't work for busty ladies. These two have straps thick enough to have supportive undergarments on. I want and need that Color block jersey dress by Diane Von Furstensburg (can't nearly afford it!) and i love the ruching at the empire waist. The next dress is from ASOS and the monochrome graphic print is Divine. The third is very pretty and sophisticated - another DVT dress (we like her!).

I picked these two for when mommy and daddy need a date night, assuming your kids are considerate enough to let you have some time to yourselves :-). The dress on the left is the old faithful LBD. Its Osman Yousefzada for mango and the metallic gold racerback is a different take on the classic LBD, its hot! Vera Wang is one of my favourite designers and she never disappoints. The shape, colour and length of the next dress creates timeless elegance but the ruffle trim and faceted-stone appliqué at the bust keeps it interesting.


Comfortable shoes are a must-have if you're doing the school run... in fact just keeping up with your super-energetic kid(s).



These classic ballerina pumps are a wardrobe staple and are a great everyday shoe which go with almost anything. Topshop £25



These Mary-Janes are perfect for adding a splash of colour to a monochrome outfit, I could just eat them! They are by Gap at £32.








The gladiator sandal is great for the summer and handy when going for a casual look, I would pair it with a maxi dress or denim shorts. £30 from Oasis


Bright colours are all the rave this season but if you are not brave enough to head-to-toe, then these should help. KG by Kurt Kurger £75





aww....I love these super cute Rupert Sanderson pumps. The oversized satin bows give it a playful air and the burnished gold metallic leather is ultra stylish.
















Finally, my favourite fashion item, the handbag! All the young mothers I know always carry so much with them so I have found the perfect bags.



A simple and stylish large black tote from Accessorize

My Favourite! Pauric Sweeney day bag. A leather bag thats sturdy and well-crafted.

3 comments:

xoliquoricexo said...

great post! i'm not pregnant and i want to rock practically everything! lol. hope you're well!

xo

TigerTem said...

Fabulous idea for a post. And I agree with shop liquorice....love all the stuff

Mishi Rowland said...

The finest quality content you are producing is really impressive. I like your style of presenting the new and fresh ideas to the world. My interest areas are Womens Fashion | Wholesale Clothing | Latests Dresses UK. Please write something informative about these points to increase my knowledge about this.
uk fashion wholesale