Thanks for visiting. If you like my blog, please click on the 'follower' button. xoxo


Saturday, May 24, 2008

Graduation Fashion

Yep! It's that time of the year. Graduation Season (yes wedding season too!). I've had emails about this very subject and since I found shopping for my graduation quite stressful, I've decided to lend a helping hand and provide some inspiration for you. Firstly, I would like to congratulate anyone graduating this summer, well done and I hope it's been worth all the years of hard work :-)

A few words of advice. Keep your luggage light, keep your valuables with a family member during the ceremony, do NOT wear killer high heels unless you know you can handle it and take some safety pins and hair grips with you (trust me! you or one of your friends will need one)

BOTTOMS
Most trousers this season have a more relaxed feel, high on the waist and loose fitting on the leg.
These high waisted wide legged neutral trousers from compteir des cotonniers would look really great with a sheer blouse tucked in.

I love this Ted Baker Hafsa Pants. The belt detail is nice but to switch it up replace with a red skinny belt or silk scarf to give it a more riviera-style spring look.

Not a fan of High waists? These are more of a modern classic by French Connection. It has a fitted shape and front pleats which make them really smart and professional.


Get the sexy 50s secretary look with this Paperbag skirt from ASOS and wear it to the office when you land your first job out of uni.

Keep it retro and summery in this dotted circle skirt from forever21


DRESSES


I've just had a look at the new collection from Debut, a brand at Debenhams, and I'm really impressed. They have hundreds of dresses for every taste and occasion.


I could see Charlotte in 'Sex and the City' wearing this dress. I saw this in a magazine and it was accessorised with a white flower corsage right in the centre of the bow which looked great too. I would wear it to a wedding also.

With the large bow detail and sweetheart neckline, this is more for the girlie girl i think. It also comes with detachable straps. Also from Debut@debenhams.


For something with a bit more edge, this art-inspired dress from NEXT is bang-on. The belt toughens it up too and after graduation, they would look fabulous with studded gladiator sandals. This dress has been saved in my favourites for a while but i haven't been to try it on yet because i would be too distraught if it doesn't suit me :-)

TOPS

Two options that would work best if you prefer to wear a simple black skirt or trousers.

Covered button blouse from Warehouse


Victorian ruffle sheer blouse from Forever21

Check back later for some ideas on Shoes and accesories.

4 comments:

Kira Aderne said...

just like the pants i ve posted!
i love that style, so chic!!!


a kiss for you dear!

thanks a lot for your sweet words ;)

see you,
goog night!

xoliquoricexo said...

hmmmm! LOVE the 2nd look! i'm inspired! chic high-waisted pants, a fitted tank, an oversize clutch, some bangles, chunky wood sandals...and voila!

thanks :)

hehe

xo

TigerTem said...

Love the first pair. Very similar to the suit I wore for my graduation.

SET said...

I got one of thos pants in feb, returned it cus it made my leg which are already very long, longer, cut light blue onec but i think i will do the reg or low waisted flare pants, the high waist is too much for me. they are hot tho, gives length to shorter legs.