Thanks for visiting. If you like my blog, please click on the 'follower' button. xoxo


Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Fashion Trend Alert Spring/Summer 2008: #4 The 70s



This is more or less a mix of other trends from this season. It features the high-waisted, wide leg trousers, floral maxi dresses and retro denim. Designers like Stella McCartney, D&G and Chanel all borrowed elements from the 70s for their spring 2008 runway collections. Here are a few ideas:




The floral Blouse. I like this ASOS top because it's a great way of wearing floral - not the floral wearing you! It's cute, girly and would work well with a pair of denim shorts. Another option from next and has that all important bow-detail from this season

This Marc by Marc Jacobs shirt dress would go really well with a pair of gladiator sandals.




Hmm...I've seen some celebs trying to rock these, Chloe Sevigny and Ali Hilfiger to be more precise. Not sure if I am brave enough yet to step out of my boring and practical sunglasses but I really do appreciate the awesomeness of these. The work of Marc Jacobs again.


Love these high-waisted shorts from warehouse. I have one very similar but I hardly get to wear it in these climes since there was no summer last year and looks a little uncertain if there might be one now.This 'Johnny loves Rosie' bracelet is from my last post and is so appropriate for this one too. Again, would be great with neutral wide leg pants or retro light wash denim.


Tucked in shirt or tank top and a killa pair of platforms and you're ready to go in these 18th amendment Colbert ‘Speak easy’ high waisted flared jeans.




I saved my favourite till the end. I don't know why i like it so much! This dress is from Kookai and i think it costs like £100 something so i shall be staying well away and just admire it from a distance, lol!

So there you have it. Can you hear the 'Charlie's Angel' theme tune in your head yet?

2 comments:

Kira Aderne said...

so nice!

those sunglasses are really cool!

a kiss!!!

see you,
Kira

SET said...

I love the floral dress, I want all the pieces in the collection above. fab