Thanks for visiting. If you like my blog, please click on the 'follower' button. xoxo


Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Soundtrack to my life...so far :-)

Following Tiger's lead, i've decided to compile a list of my favourite songs. I'm a music nut but i hate it when people ask me what i like because there's so much out there and to sum it all up in a sentence is impossible (obviously i don't want to bore someone with an essay about my music taste, lol!). I've managed to cut it down to about twenty so here it is:

Wasted - Carrie Underwood
Beautifully sang with a great message…stop concentrating on the past and live for today or one day you may just wake up and realise you’ve wasted years wishing and missing out.

Sunday Morning – Maroon 5
Massive fan of this band, lovely chill out tune

Last goodbye/Lover, you should have come over – Jeff Buckley Where do I begin, amazing vocal range, beautiful songs, Lover you should have come over always moves me to tears...Deep stuff! Wish he was still here, he would have made even more amazing music but unfortunately he drowned at the age of 28 leaving just one complete album.

Songs of freedom – Bob Marley
Do I even need to explain...what a genius!

Diary – Alicia Keys
I've bought every album she's produced since day one because i can always trust her music. She seems to be the only young female singer who has managed to keep all her clothes on in music videos and maintained some decorum. Love the intro to this song.

Stupid things – Robin Thicke

Dust/your love – Van Hunt
Brilliant brilliant brilliant. Love the neo-soul genre and really tapped into his music at a time when R&B music was getting very blah and samey.

Get to know you/let’s not play the game – Maxwell
Maxwell!!!!!!! When is he coming back? I've been hearing that he has a new album coming out but that was two years ago. Can't believe he's cut all of his trademark afro.

Everything – Micheal Buble
Such a sweetheart. He manages to perfectly fuse old style swing with jazz and creating a very contemporary sound. I think this and some of his other tracks will definately be on my wedding playlist :-)

Weakness in me – Joan Armatrading
10 things I hate about you :-)

No ordinary love – Sade

Far away – Nickleback

I’d like/Human Angels – Freshly Ground

Forever young – Youth Group
Loved the original by Alphaville but this one is less synth-based euro pop. I first heard this version on The O.C, it was Ryan and Marissa's song.

Your body is a wonderland/clarity – John Mayer
I just love the tone of his voice and he's a great song writer. Your 'body is a wonderland' is a very modern take on the love song and i love it, love it , love it!

Singin’ in the rain – Gene Kelly
Aww....this always cheers me up. Singin' in the rain is one of my favourite movies of all time...i collect old hollywood musicals/movies and showtunes. My old flatmates were always taking the piss out of my love for showtunes and were extremely irritated when i used to blast 'hairspray' for like a month.

Back and forth – Aaliyah
Ooh ya its the l-i-y-a-h. Lol! This reminds me of the 90s when i was growing up and wearing hideous baggy clothes and weird coloured leggings!

When you were young – The Killers

Only this moment - Royskopp
Never thought I'd like a dance track but i love this. Their music is very other wordly and this track feels like magic, i think aliens would love this (if they exist). I'm also currently into 'Technologic' by Daft Punk...creepy video though, there's this robot and it has gums and...dont wanna talk about it anymore!

Raindrops keep failin' on my head - B.J Thomas
Another one that cheers me up from the soundtrack of 'Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid' (love that movie)

Handle me/Be mine - Robyn
Dowatcha gotta do/Too little too late - Jojo
Very talented young lady -powerful voice
Photo: Masternewmedia.org

4 comments:

SET said...

HI, I LIKE THE DIVERSITY IN YOUR CHOICES OF MUSIC. LOVE FAR AWAY AS WELL.
THX FOR COMIN BY MY SPOT. COME AGAIN. I LIKE YOUR BLOG AS WELL, I AM GOING TO PUT YOU ON MY BLOG LOG AS ONE THAT I LIKE.

Dropsofglamour said...

Thnx. I'm adding urs too

Uzo said...

Interesting...Very very diverse..I like that...

Ariel said...

You have great style.. well, a bit too normal for my liking actually. And why does it matter so much if a piece of clothing is IN at a time, people should just wear whatever the hell they want and be done with it! Oh yeah, back to the point: Sunday Morning, relaxing? I don't know how you do it but I would probably find myself having torn half my hair out by the final seconds. I am commenting on this song because it's one of the few on your list I have actually heard of though I applaud you for mentioning Robyn and Royksopp. Speaking of boring, Bob Marley. I'll never understand reggae. Then again, I relax to the Pistols. To each their own, right?